Home Health Aide Training
Free Home Health Aide (HHA) training is provided to certify women and men for rewarding careers in one of the nation’s fastest growing industries. All graduates receive a guaranteed offer of employment at Neighbors Home Care Services.
Both day and evening group-training sessions are available. Training is 3-weeks long and combines classroom instruction with clinical training. The program is licensed by the New York State Department of Health.
All books and training are provided free of charge.
After certification, individuals are qualified to:
- Provide health-related tasks such as monitoring an individual’s temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure.
- Perform personal care tasks- help with grooming, toileting, bathing, mobility, moving a patient from a bed to a chair etc.
- Provide homemaker services to elderly and disabled individuals
For more information, call 914-949-3112.
Neighbors Home Care Services
“ I cannot begin to tell you how significant the differences were between the aides from Neighbors and the aides I had from other agencies. . . Neighbors' aides were wonderful, warm people. . . so well-trained, so professional, and so experienced. In their care, my mother because more confident, relaxed,
and optimistic. . . more like her old self" - Rhonda
Neighbors Home Care Services is a New York State Licensed Home Care Services Agency (LHCSA) provides compassionate, comprehensive and customized care to help elderly and disabled individuals stay in the comfort of their own homes.
The program, which has been in existences since 1983, serves more than 300 individuals annually and employs more nearly 175 certified Home Health Aides. Care is available from 4 hours a day/
2 days a week to 24/7. The level of care can be adjusted as the needs of an individual or family change.
Our Staff includes:
- Personal Care Aides (PCAs)
- Home Health Aides (HHAs)
- Registered Nurses (RNs)
All caregivers are carefully screened, and are licensed or certified. Consultation is free and fees are charged in accordance to the services provided. Private pay, Medicaid and most long-term insurance is accepted.
Our Services include:
- Free Initial Assessment: an RN will evaluate the unique needs and personality of your loved one, the medications they are taking, and the safety of their home. This evaluation will be used to prepare a Plan of Care to be approved by a personal physician. The assessment visit is free and requires no obligation on your part.
- Personal Care Services: Home Health Aides (HHAs) provide a range of hands-on, non-medical care such as assistance with personal grooming, dressing and toileting, and monitoring of vital signs to enable individuals with physical and/or cognitive impairments to stay in the comfort of their own homes.
- Live-In Care: recommended for those who need more intensive assistance and supervision and who cannot be left alone during the day. Individuals must still be able to sleep comfortably through the night.
- Companion Care: for individuals struggling with loneliness or those needing additional advocacy or support while in a healthcare facility.
- In Home- ideal for seniors who are still relatively independent and in good health but who need a companion to keep them socially engaged and mentally stimulated.
- Specialized Care: compassionate home care for individuals suffering from serious terminal or chronic conditions such as Alzheimer’s, Dementia, Parkinson’s Disease, cancer or a stroke.
- Bathing Services: for individuals needing assistance with bathing and personal hygiene. Our aides can help individuals get in and out of the bathtub or shower safely, assist with bathing or hair washing, provide skin care and help with dressing. They will even prepare a simple breakfast, tidy the bedroom and stay for a chat.
- Respite Care Services: enables full-time caregivers to take a break from the exhausting and stressful job of caring for others. Respite care is available for a few hours per day, for a weekend or for several weeks at a time.
- Errand Services: for seniors who are unable to personally run errands such as grocery shopping, dry cleaning, prescription pick up etc.
- Homemaking Services: for seniors who need help with light housekeeping or meal preparation. This is an ideal way to prepare seniors to accept more intensive home care if it is needed later.
- Medication Reminders: for seniors who need to be reminded when and how to take their medications. Our aides cannot administer medication.
For more information visit: www.neighborshomecareservices.com
Home Health Aide Training
148 Hamilton Ave. / Suite 200
White Plains, NY 10601
How You Can Help
The best way to help Neighbors Home Care Services is through your generous financial donations.